Friday, March 15, 2013

The Last Crusade!

"This will be the last one."  I say that every time that I drive miles and miles to bring an aircraft back home from some far off location.  Furthermore, after every trip I swear to myself, "I will never, ever, ever do that again".  I have taken too many trips, driven too far, spent too much money and time, endured all the slings of outrageous fortune, etc., etc.

But guess what?  Here I go again.  Looks like I am making another trip.  I purchased a very nice Minimax 1550 V-Max from Kim in Idaho.  It is a great little plane with a 1747 cc flat four, 4 cycle air cooled VW engine, with tons of nice options.

The aircraft is N-numbered, but has not been inspected for several years, so it cannot be flown back.  I have tried to get a regular aircraft transport company to bring it over, but they are all booked up getting ready for Fun & Sun.

Oh well....surely, "this will be the last one."

No comments: