Saturday, January 21, 2017

There's a New Bird in My LIfe!

The Mini Max is now gone.  It is kind of sad since I never did fly it.....but it now has a happy new home with Dale in Washington.  He is pretty excited about the plane and has the rating(s) to be able to take her up.  I hope to hear reports of it flying the Big Skies soon!

My new bird is a nice example of a flying 1983 Quicksilver MX  two axis ultralight.
She is in excellent, airworthy condition with a freshly rebuilt Rotax 377 engine, new GSC Systems 51" wood prop, new sails, hardware and flying wires, etc.  And of course she is pretty as well.

At this point I have inspected her pretty thoroughly and have performed numerous crow hops at the runway.  The 377 runs really well and she flies straight and true!  Just waiting for warmer weather to take her around the patch.

Look below for a video of the Rotax 377 running strong at 3000 rpm's!

As usual she is also for sale at the current price of $4200.  Not sure if I would let her go though...at least not yet.  She is just too fun and easy to fly!

I also have a new trike project in the works.  I found a nice Airborne X-Air trike chassis that I purchased up north.  To get it flying I need to find a engine and a wing.  If you have a nice Rotax 503 or a trike wing for sale please get in touch with me.

No comments: